As we purchase membership for our foster carers, you can ensure they are fully protected in their roles. All of our foster carer members receive market-leading legal protection insurance that covers the whole fostering family. This includes:
- a legal helpline for expert advice on allegations and help with any legal queries
- attendance by a qualified and experienced solicitor should the foster carer or any of their household have to attend a police interview under caution as a result of an allegation
- cover for up to £150,000 legal expenses if a criminal prosecution or civil proceeding is brought against the foster carer or any of their household as a result of an allegation
- cover for Staying Put (or equivalent across the UK) and supported lodgings providers (for foster carers and former foster carers) who look after a young person up to the age of 25
- cover for any allegations that happen during the period of the foster carer’s membership even if they are no longer fostering or in membership.
- a completely confidential stress support service, available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Foster carer members can access the legal helpline on 01384 885734. Log in and download the legal guide to read about what is covered by the policy.